Rajasthan is a land of vibrant culture, rich heritage & diverse languages. A very significant part of our princely state is attributed to its beautiful city Jodhpur. It is the second largest city of Rajasthan and is also known as the ‘Sun City’ because of the bright & sunny weather that it experiences all around the year. The blue painted walls in the old arena of the city augment its beauty and therefore it is also acknowledged as the ‘Blue City’.
Here are some interesting facts that one should know about Jodhpur
1. Jodhpur is home to one of the most impressive buildings of India – Mehrangarh Fort.
2. Many scrumptious dishes have been originated from Jodhpur. Few of them are gatte ki sabzi, mawa ki kochori, mirchi vada and dal bati churma.
3. The authenticity of the city lies in its splendid collection of handicrafts, textiles and art pieces.
4. Only the outside walls of the city’s houses are painted blue but one will observe many beautiful colours inside a Jodhpuri house.
5. Unfortunately but yes, a hermit named Cheeria Nathji had cursed the city with water scarcity and it still faces drought once every 4 years.